A good night’s sleep is the “recovery period” for a human body; an instant health booster and a natural way to strengthen the immune system. It refers to the time your body practically “takes a break’ and prepares itself to protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety.
While an occasional night without sleep makes you feel tired and irritable the next day, but it won’t harm your health; NHS suggests that routine sleeplessness can put you at risk of obesity along with chronic illnesses including heart diseases and diabetes. The Center for Disease Control showed that adults with less than 7 hours of sleep were more likely to report 10 chronic health conditions and reduced brain function as compared to those who got enough sleep that is 7 or more hours per 24-hour period (2015).
Unfortunately, a study by tylenol suggests that 1 in every 3 Americans struggle with the query of how to sleep better at night naturally. Sleep deprivation costs these individuals their good health and sanity while remedies and medication cost the entire US nation approximately $411 billion annually.
So what are the solutions to sleep problems and financially draining sleep deprivation remedies?
There are various ways in which people can sleep better at night that range from altering their lifestyle to ingesting gummies specifically made to aid peaceful sleep at night. Some of the most trusted ways to sleep better at night naturally are:
Yoga and Meditation
- Yoga and meditation boost melatonin levels, leading to a more restful sleep. Melatonin is an enzyme produced by the brain, which controls our sleep/wake cycles. Moreover, meditation and yoga also increase serotonin levels, which regulate mood, appetite, digestion, and sexual desire, which eventually give the body ample relaxation needed to promote good sleep.
Stress Relieving Activities
- Another good way to sleep better naturally is to read a book before bedtime and avoid the use of technological devices as they emit blue light which disrupts sleep. Reading is deemed as a helpful activity for the brain and is a decades old tradition. Book reading engages the mind through concentration and active thinking while also reducing any mental stress that the person might be harboring. Dr. David Lewis who is a cognitive neuropsychologist found reading the best method of relieving stress as it is found to decrease stress levels by 68%.
- In addition to reading, listening to relaxing and soothing music when in bed can induce a good sleep for the night as well. This relaxes the brain and signals it to prepare the body for a night of sleep and rest. A study based on 24 individuals indicated that sedative music aided people towards having a deeper sleep. While another study that was conducted on 25 participants demonstrated that people had a deeper and a more restful sleep when they listened to soothing music 45 minutes before they were to fall asleep in comparison to those who did not listen to any music prior sleeping.
Altering Lifestyle – Adopting Healthy Habits
- It has also been observed that a lot of people immediately head over to their beds after having dinner. This can lead to digestion problems, a recipe for disturbed sleep. It is suggested that all meals should be taken at least 3-4 hours before falling asleep. It is ideal to also couple good eating habits with physical activity. Physical activity during the day is a good way to spend energy that can lead to the desired level of exhaustion for nighttime and a good undisturbed sleep.
Now, while yoga, meditation and mindfulness practices along with activities like bedtime reading can boost sleep, many individuals with chronic illnesses and physical impairments cannot sought refuge in them. For such individuals, there are ingestible gummies that are gaining popularity. From every pharmacy to grocery stores, gummies containing the purported sleep support melatonin are being sold. More than 3 million adults and a half-million children have reported the use of these gummies without any side effects. One of such gummies known to have miraculous effects on sleep is CBD gummies.
Sleep Boosting Gummies
- CBD gummies target different problems ranging from anxiety, pain and fatique to disturbed sleep and complete insomnia. A recent Consumer Reports survey revealed that approximately 10% of Americans who reported the use of best CBD gummies for sleep reported a much relaxed state of mind and body while sleeping at night. In addition, the majority of those people said it worked better than their conventional sleep medication.
Many people are turning to natural ingestible gummies to aid their sleep. Research shows that more than half of the individuals with sleep problems are resorting to best CBD gummies to seek help with their sleep problems for the reason that existing treatments, particularly prescription and over-the-counter drugs, are often not very effective—and are risky, too. An estimated 80% of Americans say they have trouble sleeping at least once a week, and due to the popularity gained by scientific research providing evidence for it, CBD as an “all natural” sleep aid is their final resort. Best CBD gummies for sleep should be taken in accordance to personal preference by considering whichever one seems more suitable according to individual needs.
With enough tips to keep those sleep problems at bay, gear up to sleep better. Avoid sleep deprivation as best as possible and get in the habit of getting a good night’s sleep, as a sound sleep makes for a healthy body and a healthy mind, both of which are critically important to your well being.